What is the minFraud service?
The minFraud service reduces chargebacks by identifying risky orders to be held for further review. The minFraud service is used to identify fraud in online e-commerce transactions, affiliate referrals, surveys, and account logins and signups.
How does the minFraud service work?
The minFraud service determines the likelihood that a transaction is fraudulent based on many factors, including whether an online transaction comes from a high risk IP address, high risk email, high risk device, or anonymizing proxy. One of the key features of the minFraud service is the minFraud Network, which allows MaxMind to establish the reputations of IP addresses, emails, and other parameters.
Key features of the minFraud service include:
- The riskScore (The likelihood that a transaction is fraudulent)
- Geographical IP address location checking
- High risk IP address and email checking
- Proxy detection
- Device tracking
- Bank Identification Number (BIN) to country matching
- The minFraud Network
- Prepaid and gift card identification
- Post query analysis